Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Pansies & Brownies

1.  Pansies in my favorite Vase

This is my favorite vase.  Whenever my kids bring me flowers, this is the vase they go in because it's perfect for those flowers who've been picked clean off their stems.  I don't know about your kids, but my kids are really good at picking flowers with no stems on them.  Dallin supplied me with these pansies today to go in my vase.  True to form, there were no stems on them.  And that's why this vase is a perfect mom vase.

2.  Sean & Brownies

Sean:  Mom?  Can I have another brownie?
Me:  Another brownie?  Um, I don't think so.
Sean:  Please?
Me:  If you go potty on the toilet you can have another brownie.
Sean:  I not go potty on the toilet. 
Sean:  (after a moment's pause) Mom?  You go upstairs and read a book?
Me:  You want to go read a book with me?
Sean:  No, YOU go upstairs and read a book.
Me:  (laughing.)  Ah, you want me to go upstairs and read a book so you can sneak into the brownies?
Sean:  Okay!

Gotta love that kid.  And what a push-over am I?  His sneaky logic won him another small brownie.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Ahhh, the power of manipulation. It's amazing how young they learn it!

McEntire Family said...

I'm going to have to get me a vase like that. I'm always wondering what to do with those cute little flowers from my kids.

Loved the Sean story - man they have us figured out don't they?

elise said...

i had almost the same conversation with my 2 1/2 yr old last week (granola bars though, not brownies) aren't they great?!?!

Anonymous said...

hes such a character... i love this kid!

Reed Family said...

Seriously...Sean cracks me up! He and Jemma are a lot alike.

And, I love your vase! Where in the world did you find that thing!?!

The Aussie and the Owl said...

Sean is so funny. I think he learned that trick from his Uncle Monkey.