Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Called to Serve

This is my family:


My parents are in the middle, and from left to right, that's all the kids lined up youngest to oldest. My brother Reed, was the first boy after five girls. So far, none of us sisters have made it on a mission, so Reed is the first one of the Stone siblings to receive a call to serve.

This cute little guy reported to the MTC today to fill a two-year volunteer mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  He will be serving the people of the Texas, Lubbock Mission.  

Baptism Day

Alright, he's not a cute "little" guy anymore.  He's a big handsome guy.
(However, "big" in my family is defined as taller than 5"5.)

I am so proud of my little brother for responding to his call to serve to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ.  He is setting a great example for his little nephews here in Albuquerque in being worthy to be called on a mission.  We will miss you, Reed, but we know you're right where you should be! 
 (And I know you're not allowed to check blogs, so you won't even see this post until you get home.  But I'll write you all about it!  :)  )

5 comments:

Julie Smith said...

What a cute family. Your brother reminds me a little bit of Dallin.

McEntire Family said...

What a fun family picture! Reed will make a great husband someday with all those sisters to train him up right!

Martin Family said...

Your family is so cool. Congrats on your brother.

Kristine said...

I love the photo of your family...in fact, I love it so much that I showed my husband. And...to think that you are the oldest. You must be so responsible! No wonder you are amazing. I'm one of the youngest in my fam, the youngest girl...I think I sometimes drive my oldest sister crazy!!

Sarah said...

Whoa! I guess we know what Dallin and Hayden will look like! Amen to your post above too...I've been dreading mopping for the last two weeks (that is disgusting, but true)because the minute I do it someone spills milk or something.