A few days ago, Sean told me, "Mom, Hayden is my friend. He's my best friend." As a mother, I can't tell you how it warms my heart to hear that my children are friends! I just love that. I especially love it since Hayden is in a "find-and-destroy" phase which Sean finds extremely annoying, especially when his carefully placed train tracks are being demolished. So a lot of times poor little Hayden, (who can't help being in this phase; it's just part of being 16 months) gets pushed, shoved, and shut out of the bedroom. So when Sean tells me Hayden is his friend, I just melt inside.
Well lately, I've been noticing the collaborative efforts of their friendship, which, on several occasions have led me to exclaim, "Oh good GRIEF!" (Thank you, Charlie Brown.) Sean has taught Hayden how to remove the drawers from the dresser in Daphne's room and climb inside the empty dresser frame. Seems harmless enough but just I get tired of putting those drawers back into the dresser.
Sean has also taught Hayden the joy of pulling all the cushions off our nice couches in the living room. (The couches that are NOT jumping couches.) They pile them in the middle of the room and proceed to jump on them. This is carefully timed so as to enjoy the activity when they are sticky, or smell like boys who've been playing outside. (A very distinctive smell-- I'm sure many of you will know just what I mean.)
Today when I walked into the kids bathroom, I saw yet another evidence of their friendship in that the contents of Daphne's hair drawer (rubber bands, ribbons, barretts, combs, and sponge curlers) were all over the floor. (I mean, that's exactly what I like to do with my friends--how 'bout you?)
Hayden has also been carefully schooled in the art of sneaking into the garage and playing in the car. What this means is that the next time I go out to the garage, the hazards are flashing, the rear view mirror is completely skiwampus, and all the lights are switched on. It gets even better when I start the car. (IF I can start the car.) The heater or air conditioner will be blasting full force, the blinkers will be flashing, and sometimes the windshield wipers will be on too.
I can tell these two little buddies are gonna be TROUBLE!
good thing I love 'em.
4 comments:
This was a wonderful post! Thanks for preparing me for Kade and Keian's "friendship" because I'm pretty sure it's gonna be like this! So glad to have friends like you Sharee!
What are big brothers for? I always have to lock the doors of the car when it's parked in the garage. Otherwise, who knows what I'll find. I'm afraid I'll go out there one day and something will be jammed in the CD or DVD player thus ending our harmony while traveling longer distances. My boys are exactly the same. So fun, but "good grief" sums it up pretty well.
Cute!
afton asks nearly every day to play in the car (she's 2 1/2), and i've gotten to the point where i check everything before i try to turn the car on. :) they're adorable, huh?
Post a Comment