Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Birthdays-Daphne & Sean

We recently had a joint celebration for Daphne & Sean whose birthdays are 5 days apart. These two are good little friends and Sean was sad when Daphne started school last year. But they just play and play when they are both home. I love it.





Daphne & I on her birthday. She's probably just an hour or two old.


Around 3 months


14 months
Iron Kettle Farms Pumpkin Patch in upstate NY


about 2 years
The Fruitstand, Hughson, CA


3 years,
Lake Tahoe


4 years,
Aunt Jewel's wedding

5 years,
just being a goof-ball


Almost 6,
pretty in pink


Daphne giving Sean kisses on his "brand-new" birthday


2 months


Almost 2,
at Uncle Kent & Aunt Kathy's ranch in the California foothills


2+ years,
looking for our Christmas tree in the Mountains up by Cuba, NM


Putt-putt golf


Almost 4,
backyard tire swing



Daphne, 6 years, and Sean 4 years



Here is Sean with his Woody doll, from Nona & Grandpa--thank you!!! He LOVES it!



Daphne modeling her new birthday dress that I made. It turned out pretty cute, I think.



They each chose their own cake decorations, and yes they were kind of random. Sean's was a "Light'ning McQueen/Star Wars" birthday cake. He particularly wanted R2D2 and Light'ning to be on it. And Daphne had a sparkly, pink, princess cake with Belle, Cinderella's prince (since we don't have Belle's prince/beast) a horse-drawn carriage, and a pretty pink archway. She wanted to put a few more princesses on there, but we just ran out of space.

Happy Birthday Daphne & Sean!
We are so glad you two are in our family!

3 comments:

Reed Family said...

Oh my heck! Those cakes are so fun! And what a SUPER MOM to make them both their own cakes!!! Daphne's dress turned out SOOOO cute (I guess you bagged the apron?) If you have somewhere that pillow could go (that I made) I'll just send you the cover. I LOVE it, but it doesn't match anything...I just made it up. I could explain it to you on the phone and you could whip one up in a 1/2 hour! LOVE AND MISS YOU GUYS! Happy Birthday Daphne and Sean!

Eric and Jewels said...

Those Birthday cakes were sweet!!! And I have to agree with Jenny you are a super mom making two cakes making, just one takes quite a bit of time so I give you two thumbs up! Tell Daphne and Sean I said Happy Birthday. I love you guys!

McEntire Family said...

CUTE pics! Loved seeing those cute kids through the years!