Thursday, September 10, 2009

"When the working day is done. . .

Oh, girls just wanna fu-un, oh girls--just wanna have fun."


The youth in our ward had a "Decades Dinner" tonight for the combined activity, and my friend Amber had the great idea that we should volunteer to help in the kitchen and dress up to represent the 80's.

Amber, and I in our 80's garb.
We looked totally radical.

And we were really good kitchen help.


Me & Jill, above, working very hard as you can see, & sipping our Shirley Temples.


Below, Amber, Sharee, (80's) Jill, (50's), Kellie (70's)
The scary thing is, I got my top, bracelets, and turquoise leggings at Walmart. I honestly thought the 80's might be one fashion decade that might just get skipped over in the great fashion recycling plan, but no.
Brace yourselves.
They are back.

10 comments:

Rachelle said...

"They just wanna, they just wanna-a-a. . ." Cute!! Sharee, you did the 80's proud!

Kristine said...

Honestly, you looked great. I'm so glad I got to see it in person. If only I was that cute in the 80's...oh well.

McEntire Family said...

So glad we did that! What fun! Life needs little dressing up sometimes! Maybe someday I'll get around to doing my own post. You are awesome!

Mindy said...

You all looked great for the Decades Dinner--fun times! You and Amber look just like my friends from high school:-) It scares me that you found all of those "80s things" at WalMart though. That's crazy!

Julie Smith said...

You mean you didn't have those things sitting around in the closet? You guys look fab!

Eric and Jewels said...

Sharee you totally look like Deb off of Napoleon Dynamite!! It looks like you had fun :) Maybe when Eric and I live close to I can dress up with you!!

Kim Breinholt said...

The earrings make the outfit. You guys are awesome. Rachel is really excited to have you as an advisor!

Lamont and Melissa Larsen said...

You're looking pretty radical! Cute idea, I will have to keep it in mind for future YW activities.

Anonymous said...

You look AWESOME!

Reed Family said...

You looked soooo cute! How fun to have an excuse to dress up! (You always have such fun ideas!)