Thursday, October 29, 2009

Snow on our Parade!

Today was the Halloween Costume Parade at Hubert Humphrey. But it was snowing this morning as we were getting the kids ready for school, and though it had let up by 9:30, it was still pretty cold, so most people watched the parade in the halls instead of outside.

Dallin is Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Daphne is Princess Leia. I didn't make any costumes this year--we pieced them together from Good Will purchases and borrowed items from friends. I can claim creative genius for Daphne's hair: I made her two side-buns bigger with brown yarn. Surprisingly, they stayed in the whole day!



We were all bundled up for cold weather, so we got pretty hot after awhile of waiting for the kids to come by our little spot in the hall. The boys were pretty patient, though. At one point, a kid in a pirate costume walked by and Sean yelled, "Look a pirate! ARRRRG!"


Finally we saw them, and they were gone so fast, I almost didn't get their pictures!


When they got home, they both told me all about their fun class parties and had bags of goodies in their backpacks.


Here's a shot of the temple with the snow-dusted Sandia Mountains in the background-- I took this late in the afternoon and the snow hadn't melted off yet!

3 comments:

Eric and Jewels said...

How fun! I like that your kid's school does a little parade so they can show off their costumes. Please tell Dallin and Daphne that I thought they totally looked like Obi-Wan Kenobi and Princess Leia (good job Sharee on those hair buns for Daphne).

Reed Family said...

AHHH! I can't wait to see all your kids dressed up in all their Halloween Glory! Too fun! Their costumes look awesome!

Julie Smith said...

You guys looked great on Halloween. No wonder you won the contest.