Sunday, December 06, 2009

Round & Round the Christmas Tree

We listened to a little Bing Crosby Christmas music while we decorated this week. Dallin & Daphne had school off on Thursday and Friday for parent teacher conferences, so we used the time to trim the tree and get the other decorations up.



My kids really love this little red bench with the santa and snowman friends. They took a bunch of pictures of themselves next to it, so I finally took one of them all where we could actually see their faces. :) (Dallin is VERY excited about being a cub scout--can you tell? -- Are there rules about wearing your uniform whenever you feel like it?)


In my blog title, I'm quoting a Bing Crosby song I grew up listening to at Christmas time. Well, the next part of the song goes: "Presents hanging there for you and me. One for you and two for me, Oh what a Christmas day!" Whenever that part comes, my kids always say, "He's so selfish! I can't believe he says one for you and TWO for me!" And the reason that makes me laugh, is I remember saying the EXACT same thing with my sisters growing up. Timeless. We know how to call 'em, huh, girls?

Sean dancing. :)

I put together this little display on the front entryway landing, and the kids kept putting all these cheesy stuffed animals up there. I would move them, and then the next time I'd walk by the stairs, they were back.

Finally, I let the cheesy stuffed animals sit by Santa and the snowman on the red bench. This satisfied the kids, and I reclaimed my landing. :)

Here is our family room in all it's Christmas glory.
And that is our beautiful tree from the mountains.

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

Merry Christmas Sharee!!

Erin said...

I love it! I'm still trying to figure out wear to put stuff in this house. Lots of decorations didn't make it out this year.

The Aussie and the Owl said...

The landing looks spectacular Sharee! And the tree is beautiful. The kids did a good job with the decorating :)

Reed Family said...

So Cute! I LOVE DECORATING FOR CHRISTMAS!!! Your home looks very inviting...can we come visit!?! :)