Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hayden

Here are some things this guy has said lately that I want to remember:

Earlier this week at lunch time, I asked Hayden, "Would you like some chips 'n' dip?"
Hayden said, "Yeah, I yike chicken git."

On Saturday morning, we slept in a bit.  It's really hard for Hayden when Mom and Dad want to sleep in because as soon as he's awake, he's ravenous.  So when I came downstairs around 8, and the kitchen was quiet, I was a little suspicious.  I found him out on the back porch pouring a special sand/water batter in my good waffle iron.  He looked up at me and said,
"Mom, I so hungry."
poor little guy--he was just trying to make some breakfast!


Last night the kids were playing Harry Potter, and were all running around with magic wands,
yelling out spells:

"Expelliarmus! 
Stupify! 
Wingardium Leviosa!
Protego! "

Then Hayden pointed his wand and enthusiastically shouted, 
"Potato!" 
"Banana!"


I should add a note about that red t-shirt he's wearing.  I think he's worn it in the last three posts that he's been in--This is his favorite shirt.  We got it from Dion's Pizza on a fieldtrip there, and he calls it his pizza shirt.  He puts it on by himself, and it's always backwards. 
Love this boy.


6 comments:

Rachelle said...

I want some chicken git too, Sharee!

McEntire Family said...

Love that t-shirt on backwards! He's a funny kid!

Eric and Jewels said...

I love that Hayden's "spells" were all names of food. How appropriate since this little guy always seems to be hungry :) Love you guys!!

Trisha said...

Okay that is so cute! And does he wear his shirt backwards because all the good stuff is on back?? Its like kid underwear, they put the cool picture on back so the kids HAVE to wear it backwards so they can see spiderman, right?? :)

Anonymous said...

what an awesome kid. Can't wait to see him again... he's SO BIG!

Jennifer said...

He is SOOOO funny! (And smart, I might add...) Carter and Hayden are quite similar in the food department. He's up with the sun and begging for "breakfast, lunch and dinner!". These boys!