Friday, April 02, 2010

Knock-Knock

During breakfast today, the kids proceeded to tell me every joke they've ever heard.  We had lots of knock-knock jokes and lots of courtesy laughs, and a few genuine laughs, which were usually not about the jokes.  :)  Here are a few, in case you're looking to expand your repertoire:

Dallin:  What's the biggest ant in the world?
Me:  Um, a giant?
Dallin:  NO!  ANTARTICA!

That joke inspired this one from Daphne:

Daphne:  Why was the beaver at the North Pole?
Me:  I don't know--why?
Daphne:  Because he was lost! . . . . That wasn't very funny, was it?
I started laughing out loud when she made that last comment.

Sean:  Knock-Knock
Me:  Who's there?
Sean:  Banana
Me: Banana who?
Sean: Knock-Knock
Me: Who's there?
Sean: Banana
Me: Banana who?
Sean: Mom?  There are lots of bananas in this joke.
Me:  Thanks for the warning.

He then proceeded to do at least five more bananas, until he got to the punch line when, of course,  he said "Orange" instead of "banana."  When I said, "Orange who?" He said, "Aren't you glad I didn't say banana?"  Dallin immediately corrected him with, "No, Sean, it's ORANGE you glad I didn't say banana?"  So poor Sean tried over and over, and finally came up with "Aren't ORANGE you glad I didn't say banana?"

Then Hayden piped in with, "Knock-knock!"
Me:  Who's there?
Hayden: Banana-who
Me: Banana-who who?
Hayden: BANANA-WHO!

Good times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAA!! Daphne's joke was pretty funny! Thats cute that Sean could only get out "aren't ORANGE" and Hayden...precious!
LOVE you and the entire fam!

The Aussie and the Owl said...

That Sean he never gives up. He's gonna make a great missionary some day :) He'll be ready for all the knocking on doors and hopefully he'll have the punch line down by then!

Lamont and Melissa Larsen said...

These jokes must stay with the same age group because my boys tell the exact same one and they always seems to get it mixed up too.