Monday, April 12, 2010

A Modest Mermaid


Earlier this year, Daphne was coloring some ocean scenery with a mermaid on a rock. The mermaid was, as all mermaids are, immodest, wearing only seashells on top. When Dallin observed this atrocity, he said, "You should put a shirt on that mermaid, Daphne, because modest is hottest, and you don't have to show flesh to flash." (I was so surprised that Dallin remembered those modesty catch-phrases from clear back in the fall when one of the young women in our ward did a "Modest is Hottest" fashion show!) So Daphne agreeably added a shirt to her mermaid, depicting, perhaps, the first-ever modest mermaid.

Here are a couple of other quotables from the kids recently:

Sean: Dallin! Hayden is estroying your thing! He's ESTROYING IT!!!

Sean: Would you like to lodge a complaint with star command?
(name the movie)

Here's one that Hayden says on a regular basis:
How ya makin' Mom?
(code for what are you making, and can I lick the beaters?)

4 comments:

Eric and Jewels said...

I love the the Modest Mermaid!! Tell Daphne she did a great job what an artist (the Mermaid had such long beautiful hair!!) I too am way impressed with Dallin's memory he is such a cool kid! Love you and and all of your super cute kids!

Jennifer said...

So hillarious!!! Both Brandon and I were blown away with Dallin's comment. What a good memory. (I could use a little of that these days...) Daphne's pick is AwEsOmE and Sean and Hayden CONTINUE to crack me up. Love you guys!

Amanda said...

Your kids are so cute. Seriously.

The Aussie and the Owl said...

Those kids are a crack up! What a joy they must be :)