Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cub Scout Day Camp

Last week, Dallin went to his first Cub Scout Day Camp.  He had a BLAST!  The theme was Wild West Adventures, and they had lots of great activites for the kids.  

Swimmin' Hole

The water was FREEZING and this particular day "The Deputies" were first up at the swimming hole.  I'm proud to say that they screamed less than all the other groups.


Blacksmith Shop

The circle of wood they sawed off -- it was actually REALLY hard!

Chuck Wagon (where they learn about good health and make some healthy snacks to eat.)

O.K. Corrale


They also had Varmint Shooting (beebee guns,) and Bows and Arrows where Dallin got himself a bullseye! and No Cussin'  which was manners and values like honesty.  I think that was probably his least favorite.  :)  But he learned some stuff because he's been correcting my manners ever since.  Never knew my manners were so lacking.

So since there were only two little guys from our pack who went to Day Camp, I got to go up and help for one of the days, which would have been much more effective if I hadn't brought all the siblings.  Next time, I'll find someone to watch them here, because they did not stay in the "Tot Lot."  Daphne was good to stay put, but Sean and Hayden kept escaping, so I ended up with the three of them tagging along from station to station.  They did some really cute crafts in the Tot Lot and got those awesome straw hats too.    Unfortunately, straw hats and crafts are only interesting to Hayden for about 3 minutes.




We found this awesome ladybug plant that was covered in hundreds of ladybugs.  This bush kept us occupied during lunch for a nice long time.

And the best part was that since "The Deputies" was a relatively small group, Sean and Daphne each got a turn to ride a horse in the O.K. Corrale, and they thought that was the coolest thing ever.



We came home tired and dusty, but it was a good day.  
And Dallin can't wait for next year's Cub Scout Day Camp.



3 comments:

The Aussie and the Owl said...

Looks like so much fun!! What a great opportunity for Dallin to learn to be an old fashioned gun-slingin', no cussin' cow poke :)

Reed Family said...

That day camp looks awesome! You are such a trooper to take all the kids with you. I love all the clever names they came up with for the different stations.

Jon & Bridget said...

Hey! :) You are looking so cute! I think you have to do an HTML widget for the button to work. If that doesn't work let me know. :) Thank you!!!