Sunday, June 06, 2010

Some Randomness

1.  4 weeks left.

This picture was actually taken a couple of weeks ago, so my tummy is sticking out even more, if you can imagine it.  I'm feeling just about ready to be done.  I do think that the last month with all its discomforts is necessary because up until a couple of weeks ago, I was feeling really anxious about the upcoming delivery.  The last month of pregnancy, I think, is a tender mercy of the Lord to prepare you to do ANYTHING it takes to get that baby here.  bring. it. on.


2.  The cradle is up.

Arthur brought out the cradle from the closet, dusted it off, and assembled it the other day.  The kids were all really excited about it.  Hayden kept saying, "That Baby Cindy's bed!"  He carefully put one of my pillows in it and told me to get in.  (He knows that baby "Cindy" is in my tummy, so how else would she be able to take a nap in that cradle?)



Since I needed my pillow, Sean outfitted the cradle with some other stuff in preparation for his new baby sister.  


Just for the record, we did finally decide on a name.  This is the first time that we've decided on a name this far in advance.  Since we've never found out the gender in advance, we usually we go to the hospital with a couple of names to choose from depending on if it's a brother or a sister.

I don't think we would have a name even now, except that Arthur has a conference on the East Coast the week before I'm due, and I told him that if I have to deliver this baby without him, I will name this baby whatever I want!  Clearly, he had some strong opinions about some of my name options, because soon after we had that conversation, we came to an agreement on a name.  It's actually not Cindy--but that's pretty close.  We are naming this little girl Sydney Hazel.  And since Sydney is hard for a 2-year-old to say, Hayden calls her "Cindy."

3. Here's to some great ski memories

Arthur has been busy with all kinds of projects lately.  One of them was cleaning the garage, which included finally putting away all the ski/snow equipment.  So we washed all the snow pants and ski parkas, and I found all of these ski tags on the dryer.  Just had to document it as a testament of the great ski season our family enjoyed this past season.  



4.  Time out

For this story to make sense, I need to preface it with a couple of things.  First: Hayden's word for vitamin is "spiderman."  Second: Sitting on the washer or dryer in the boring laundry room is our time-out spot.  Well, just the other day, I discovered an oddity in the laundry room.  If you look close at this picture, you will see something that doesn't belong on the washer.



It's Hayden's gummy bear vitamin.  He put it on time-out during breakfast, and when I went to do some laundry later that morning, he was still sitting there good as gold and not making a peep on his time-out. It made me smile.  Hayden thinks it's funny too.  He saw this picture and laughed, "Spiderman sit on the dryer!"

10 comments:

Erin said...

Sharee, You look great. Little Sydney is going to be SO loved! Is it bad that I already feel huge and I still have the whole summer to suffer through?Good luck the last four weeks. I hope they fly by!

Julie Smith said...

That's so cute. When Bethany was in kindergarten, her best friend was named "Cindy". She would always talk about "Cindy" and I always thought, "How unusual. You don't meet that many little girls named Cindy these days." Of course, I later figured out that "Cindy" was actually Sydney, but Bethy called her Cindy through the whole year.

McEntire Family said...

Let the countdown begin! I can't believe how CLOSE it is to Sydney being here!

Scott and Amme said...

You are too cute. The Sandias look great. Wish we were there. We are going through there on about the 24-25. Want to meet for lunch or dinner if we go through at a reasonable hour and you haven't had that baby yet?

Anonymous said...

such a great post, Sharee! You kids never cease to crack me up. And Im excited about the name.. I was rooting for Hazel and Sydney gives it a little more contemporary feel... very cute. cant wait to meet her!

Lara said...

You're looking good Sharee! A woman who can look that happy and get her tiny figure back as well as you can deserves to be blessed with a quiver full of babies. Good luck in the next few weeks!

Erin Schmutz said...

I love your posts! I am always laughing! And the Schmutz family is totally on countdown for little "Cindy" to arrive! Let us know what we can do to help! The kids are LOVING the CMT play! Way to go! Glad you are pulling it off, and Sarah too! I just hope Sydney waits till you are done to make an appearance!

The Aussie and the Owl said...

Even as pregnant as you are you still look fabulous Sharee! Those nephews and niece of ours keep us laughing - what great kiddos! Can't wait to meet the newest addition :)

elise said...

1. congratulations! you are so cute, i wish i looked half that good pregnant (though i'm glad my litle boy already put in his appearance :)
2. we have that same cradle, my girls are still occasionally putting their "babies" in it, b/c they know it's only for babies :)
(and ps, we almost named our oldest hazel, love it)
3. i've still never been skiing
4. LOVE it, what a fun boy!

Rachelle said...

Yay for a name!! Now I can get on with making some baby jewelry . . .

:-)