So last year, a friend of mine helped me cut up all the jeans. (Thanks Amanda!!! If you check up on me once in awhile, you'll be happy to know your time wasn't wasted!) And when my mom was here, she helped me cut up the rest of the fabric, and get the first one pieced together.
So I'm happy to report that the first bedspread is finished!

Until now, the boys have all just been using a hodge podge of ill fitting blankets. They probably don't care very much about matching, but it bothered me every time I walked by their room and glanced at their beds.
Dallin was super excited to have a new bedspread, and even helped make his. He helped lay out the pieces and also did a lot of ironing! And I love looking at it up there on his bed. It feels so good to finish something!
Sean's and Hayden's are up next. All the pieces are cut, so I just have to assemble them. In all my free time. Hopefully it won't take me five more years.





6 comments:
AWESOME! I love it! And I do agree - finishing something sure gives you a boost!
Wait a minute... didn't you just have a BABY? You are a dedicated mom, my dear Sharee, and you amaze me constantly.
I agree with Windy...you just had a baby and you finished that huge quilt!!! You are amazing. But you're right, finishing a project feels FABULOUS! I think that's why I'm addicted to sewing. It makes me happy! Your quilt looks amazing and I can't wait to see pics of it on the bed when the other one is done too! LOVE YOU!
That quilt looks amazing! I LOVE Norman Rockwell - there is a new exhibit at the Smithsonian of his work from the personal collections of Steven Spielberg and George Lucas. I've always thought home made quilts made a room extra special. I have some friends who sewed amazing quilts for every girl in our ward when she had a baby (not just a baby quilt but one for the mom/dad too). Just about everyone in our ward had a baby in the last 10 years so they all have beautiful quilts. I imagine they, like the ones you make the boys, will be treasured for a lifetime! You are making those boys memories that will last!
I totally love it. And I am glad I got to be part of helping you finish!!!! I agree with you about how good it feels to finish something. In fact, I spent about 2 weeks in May finishing up a bunch of sewing projects that had been sitting around for 1+ years. I finished 9 projects!!! Yeah!!!!!!
It turned out so well, Sharee!!! I love it!
Post a Comment