Sunday, July 11, 2010

Say "Aaaaaahhhh"

Arthur took last week off work to give me some extra time to recover.  A nice thing they have at Sandia Nat'l Labs is that Arthur gets a week of personal time each year that he can use if his spouse is sick or just had a baby or there is a death in the family, or whatever.  So usually the week after my mom leaves, Arthur takes his personal time and I get a little more time to recover before it's just me and the kids.

But he came down with a really bad case of Strep Throat on Tuesday.  Then Daphne got it, and then I got it, and I'm taking the little boys in tomorrow to be tested.  So far, Dallin & Sydney are the only ones left standing.  We are throwing away toothbrushes and writing names on cups to minimize the spreading of those mouth germs.  So far the doctors have all told us that newborns are not typically susceptible to Strep Throat, so we are hoping she stays healthy!

I waited too long to see a doctor and as a result, I got to spend 4 hours of my Saturday in Urgent Care to get my throat swabbed, and get my prescription.  Fun, fun, fun.  Daphne was really cute though--when I told her I had to get my throat swabbed, she asked me if I needed to sit on her lap while she held my hands and my forehead (since that's what I did for her when she got tested on Thursday.)  I told her thanks, but I figured I could probably hold still by myself.

So we have a house full of sick people, and a mom who is not getting very much sleep.  Not a great recipe for happiness.  On the upside, Arthur didn't have to take his personal time after all, and at least we should all be healthy & germ-free when we travel to California later this month.  :)  


9 comments:

Pam said...

Oh Sharee! I am so sorry! I brought a pretty nasty bug home from the hospital with me after Matthew was born. I so feel your pain- it's no fun to have a newborn and a whole family of sickies... I hope you all get to feeling better soon!

Pam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
McEntire Family said...

What a nightmare! I hope you are all well soon! At least you are getting a few dinners in there.

Anonymous said...

you're coming to california later this month?!?!? WHEN!?!? I must try to see you...so let me know. Oh and sorry about being sick, it's always a bummer, but you're a champ for taking care of a whole household while you feel cruddy.

Kimball and Marianne Larsen said...

I got strep throat very soon after Sydnee was born and it nearly did me in. It is the worst! Too bad it took away from your anticipated recovery time. Nothing like hitting the road running again, right?! Hang in there, Momma!

Reed Family said...

Lame!!! I hope you guys are doing better!

Reed Family said...

p.s. I commented on your other 2 latest posts.

The Aussie and the Owl said...

What a crazy thing to have happen! Hope you are all feeling better soon and the rest of the kids stay healthy. I'm so impressed with Daphne's gentle, mothering nature :)

Trisha said...

I have been out of town for awhile and just now checking blogs and I saw that you had your baby. CONGRATULATIONS. SO DARLING!! You have such a beautiful family Sharee.