Any post with a title like that, and a picture of 4 bottles of Resolve can only mean disaster. It started when I noticed a lid to a sharpie on the counter. Just the lid. When the lid of a sharpie is by itself, it means that somewhere is a sharpie without a lid. I looked all over the kitchen and the downstairs area for the missing sharpie, but it was nowhere to be found.
It wasn't until I went upstairs that the mystery was solved, and my worst suspicions confirmed. This is what I found on the carpet in the boys room, and through the entire upstairs hallway leading to each bedroom and into the Master bedroom.
And there on the floor next to the graffiti was the missing pen.
You have got to be kidding me.
"find a happy place, find a happy place, find a happy place . . ."
(name the movie.)
Well, we knew right off that Hayden was involved, so he got a spanking from Dad and was sent straight to bed. But later after most of the kids were asleep, Dallin pointed out that most of the circles on the carpet were too round to be drawn by Hayden's 2-year-old hand. So after closely investigating the circles, we could see that it was a team effort instigated by Hayden and then elaborated by Sean.
Poor Arthur has spent $35 on cleaning supplies, and probably around 10 hours over the last few days, scrubbing the marker out of the floor, and steam cleaning the carpets upstairs. Four bottles of resolve later, the hallway and our bedroom carpet are cleaned. The worst is yet to come because the boys room is still awaiting the Arthur treatment. He has to scrub it really, really hard to get the marks out. I've left some space for him to record what he's been thinking about as he's been scrubbing:
Arthur's Comments: @#$%&!
And that's about all we have to say about that.

14 comments:
Oh shoot! You should have called me. I have an excellent carpet cleaner. If he can't get out a stain, it's not comin' out.
Lol- sorry, is it okay to laugh? I feel for ya, especially since that certainly is comin my way soon. Arthur is a trooper, that's for sure!
Wow, that totally sucks! This reminds me of when Zach and I spilled a pint of blue paint on the carpet! unfortunatly our mistake never completely came out!! Good luck!
Yikes! Way to go Arthur. Chip just informed me that there would be new carpet...but that's a lot of carpet. I don't know how I would have handled that. Not very well I'm afraid. Good luck!
I'm so sorry!!!! We had a similar thing happen with Hadley and a broken bottle of red fingernail polish. Not as large but I can't even count how much time I spent scrubbing the carpet.
Oh. My. Gosh. Our worst Sharpie incident was when Jaxon scribbled on the screen of our new Mac. Not good. It happened before Kimball got home and I was seriously considering trying to go and buy a new one before he got home, (hoping he wouldn't notice?) just to save Jaxon's life. Fortunately, after much online research through the black lined screen, I found that isopropyl rubbing alcohol would remove it. Sure enough, it wiped right off! Don't know if that would work on carpet. Maybe worth a try? Good Luck...
Holy Heck! Those little rascals! Arthur is a good sport to clean all those carpets. What a pain in the butt! I can't even imagine what my response would have been...you guys are sure busy these days!
that is like a sharpie nightmare....a big fear of mine in my house. i'm happy to hear that it comes out...even if it is with a lot of effort. i have a friend whose son took a sharpie to her new couch...never came out.
Best post ever. I think you have some little budding performance artists who are making a social commentary on art in suburbia. ;) Wow. kids are tough. I think we all know what to get them for Christmas this year... a little paper perhaps? ;) Love and miss you Sharee.
wow... what else is there to say? i think arthur may have summed it up pretty well :)
Dang! You and Arthur have had it rough this week...strep throat, permanent marker on the carpet. At least one day you'll be able to look back on this and laugh about it....one day :) I love you guys!! Just think less then two weeks till Tahoe!! By-the-way is your movie quote from Finding Nemo?
Sharee--call me if you want my Sharpee remover stuff. You can have the whole bottle because I'm just sure my children would NEVER do such a thing. haha. whatever. But this stuff really works and might take less scrubbing. It's worth a try.
I have to say that the pictures are way worse than the ones in my head after you and Arthur described what happened. Those pens are "the Devil"! I think you guys need a vacation :)
In related news I was at a job interview and when the owner stepped out to answer a phone call her kid (who was at least 5yrs old) ran in, grabbed a permanent marker and drew on the walls. This was all in about 10 seconds, as I sat stunned. The owner/interviewer came back in and gave me the third degree about why I didn't stop him. Stop him? He's your kid lady! I kind of felt like that job wasn't for me after that :)
One day you will laugh hysterically at those pics/post.
Post a Comment