She gave me some explanation with a lot of technical terms about why I had to sign it in person, and then said, "But it's not a big deal--It takes 2 minutes--you can just bring the kids in with you, and we'll get it all taken care of."
It will take her 2 minutes.
But it will take me
10 minutes of rounding up shoes for everyone and getting them on their feet.
10 minutes of rounding up shoes for everyone and getting them on their feet.
+ 7 minutes of loading everyone in the car, and getting everyone buckled and changing someone's diaper since inevitably, Sydney or Hayden will poop right before loading the car.
+ 10 minutes of driving to and from the school
+ 4 minutes unbuckling, unfolding the stroller and getting Sydney in her stroller.
+ 7 more minutes to herd the children to and from her classroom and keep them from touching everything they see.
+2 minutes--to sign the paper and get my copy.
=40 min.
11 comments:
Sheesh - what a pain!
Ha! I wish she could read this and gain a little perspective. Your right - it will only take her 2 minutes. I wonder why they just couldn't send it home with the kid? Crazyness!
so true. too bad not everybody gets that.
Please drop you kids here! Then it won't be quite as hard and my boys would LOVE it. I'll even keep little one, too!
Boy, do I hear you!! Some people don't understand what it is like to have little kids, or maybe they have just forgotten.
Sharee, Ahhh it's been a long time since I have been on your blog and I am cracking up inside. I can totally relate to this, because it is so so true. You just made my day!
I have a few questions!! My husband Jordan is going to Albuquerque on Monday to start a medical rotation and he is homeless at this point. Do you know of anyone renting out a bedroom for a pretty cheap price? I know, pretty random huh? Email me if you get a chance:amandamorphyglenn@gmail.com
a.m.e.n. I'm smiling now because someone else gets it. I really believe that people forget quickly what it's like to have kids in tow. It's a good thing you and I write these things down. Hopefully in recording this, it will take us a LONG time to forget so we can be more understanding when we are no longer there.
TOTALLY! I've been asking myself why I signed Jemma up for dance again, since a 45 min. class means an hour and 15 min. of...basically what you just described.
I, like Amber, wishes that lady could read this so she could realize what she's REALLY asking you to do!!!
This is Sooo true!!! T
Haha so true! I can relate, with only one kid.
Love this post! Makes me laugh! Sorry I'm laughing at your pain. No, laughing with your pain. I've got one but I like to think Kyrie equals at least three rowdy kids. Ha ha! Love you guys and can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!
Post a Comment