I'm behind. This happened over two weeks ago. But here we go anyway . . .
Sean lost his first tooth the weekend before his last week of school. He was excited to tell his teacher so he could be on the tooth chart in his classroom. His two bottom permanent teeth were growing in behind his baby teeth, and as a result, his bottom teeth didn't get very loose. But Sean was very persistent in wiggling them until this first one popped out.
The funny thing was, the next day in church, Sean was bound and determined to get that second baby tooth out. So right in the middle of sacrament meeting (and with his nice white shirt on) he twisted and pulled on that second tooth until he got that one out too. I had a ziploc bag of bloody tissues in my purse, and his tooth wrapped in a special tissue and stored in a safe place in my zipper pocket.
And Sean went to primary with blood smeared on his shirt, and a big ole smile on his face. He told everyone who would listen to him about his two missing teeth.
And Sean went to primary with blood smeared on his shirt, and a big ole smile on his face. He told everyone who would listen to him about his two missing teeth.
3 comments:
That was a great day to sit behind you in sacrament meeting! Sean (and Daphne) shared the news with everyone on our row--and we've had enough drama with losing teeth that we had true appreciation for his mid-sacrament meeting feat :)
Carter lost a tooth during the sacrament one time. I seem to remember it being just he and I that day and we were sitting really close to the front of the chapel. I think everyone else was home sick and I had to give a talk or sing/play a musical number or something. I don't think I even had tissues with me since I was planning to go home and take care of the sickies after sacrament meeting was over. It was a mess!
Sean is looking so OLD to me lately! I guess that happens when we see each other so rarely. Speaking of which, we need to change that immediately!
Yay for Sean! That sounds a little like Jewel...watch out for banging on other loose (or otherwise) teeth with a toothbrush to expidite the process. :)
Post a Comment