Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday, April 20
Orlando, FL

We had to check out of the house this day, so we had sort-of an unorthodox Easter Sunday.  We went to church at a ward close by the temple.  They were so friendly and we met 2 couples with family or friends in ABQ, and coincidentally, family and friends that we know from our ward and the neighboring ward!  So funny.  After church, we ate a picnic lunch in our car and went to the Orlando temple for a little Easter devotional and a walk around the temple grounds.  It was lovely, even if we didn't get a ham dinner with funeral potatoes.





love that little boy.



After our walk around the temple, we headed over to Tampa where we were staying the night since our flights were in and out of Tampa.  Our flights, by the way, were completely paid for by Arthur's frequent flier points, which is why we were flying out of Tampa--it used less points than Orlando.  All I can say is HURRAY FOR FREQUENT FLIER MILES!  There's no way we could have taken that trip if we'd had to pay for 7 round-trip tickets.  


This picture makes me smile.  I'd started to fill the tub to give him a bath and he just climbed right in while I'd turned my back to take care of something else.  Guess he was READY for his bath!

2 comments:

The Aussie and the Owl said...

Love these photos!! It is so cool you got to go to the Orlando Temple and the pic of Bennett in the bath is precious!

Rachelle said...

What a lovely way to spend Easter. It sure is a small world in the Church! And I have to say, Sharee - you look so striking in that outfit. I love it!