Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Torro Verde

Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Torro Verde 

Wednesday was our last day on the island. We slept in, enjoyed the delicious breakfast at the inn, and then packed up and checked out.  (sigh. all good things must come to an end.)  Our last adventure was  something I've been wanting to do the last two times we were in Hawaii but I was either pregnant, or had children with us that were too small to do it.  So FINALLY I got to go zip lining for my first time.

Puerto Rico's Torro Verde currently boasts the world's longest zip line, called "La Bestia."  It is 1 mile long, and they harness your chest AND your feet to the line, so it's like you are flying!  Honestly, it kind of freaked me out, so I was a little relieved that we didn't have enough time to add that to our package.  However, by the end of our 8 lines, I was definitely ready for more.  So that means we'll just have to go again sometime so we can conquer "La Bestia."

We did 8 lines that added up to about 2 miles of lines.  And you just go from ridge-top to ridge-top sailing over lush green jungle vegetation.  LOVED it!






What a great way to end our Puerto Rican adventure.  After the zipline, we booked it to the airport to catch our flight to Orlando.  Where we made a little stop-over . . . 

1 comment:

Brian, Natalie, Kyrie said...

Pure heaven!! I love love love all the fun things you guys were able to do. It sounded and looks so amazing'