Sunday, August 31, 2014

June/July/August Quotes

Me:  Sydney, it's time for bed.
Syd:  Well who will go to bed with me?
Me:  Daphne is in bed already.
Syd:  Well, who is going to clean this up?
Arthur:  Uh,  how about you?  Since you got those blocks out.
Syd:  (holding back tears) Well, I don't want to clean them up.

Hayden:  It's totally metaphracturous.
Me:  What do you think that word means?
Hayden:  What word?
Me:  metaphracturous.
Hayden:  I don't know.  I totally made it up right now.

Sean:  What are you putting in that?
Me:  Sea salt
Sean:  Aw, man, why are you ruining our dinner with sea salt?

Hayden:  (at Mt. Rushmore) I feel so close to the presidents right now.  I can see their nostrils REALLY good!

Sean:  I've never seen Sydney wear jeans in my entire life.

Sydney:  I tripped on somefing and hurt myself.  I fink a princess movie will feel me better.

Sydney:  You are messing up my talking!
Hayden:  Sydney you don't have to be the only person in the whole house talking.  It's okay if other people are talking besides you!

Hayden:  I saw a guy with a calculator sneaking around by our trash cans.
Me:  Oh, that was probably the water meter guy.  He's checking how much water we used so he can tell us how much money we owe.
Hayden: You're not gonna PAY him are you?

Dallin: I have to be a business man this week.
Daphne:  Oh yeah?
Dallin:  Yeah, I have to collect money from all the big people.  First person I'm hitting' up is Obama.
(regarding show choir sponsors)

Sydney: What does "that" mean?
Me: That?  what does "that" mean?  Hmm, I'm not sure how to explain it.
Sydney:  Oh come on, Mom, yes you do.

Hayden:  So Mom, what did you do in Puerto Rico today?
Me:  We hiked through the jungle and went swimming in a secret lagoon by a waterfall.
Hayden:  Oh Mom!  Stop telling me!  I'm so jealous!

Me:  It's so great when I make a dinner that everyone loves.
Dallin: Aw, Mom, we love all the dinners you make.  It's just that sometimes we get full after the first bite.


2 comments:

McEntire Family said...

Dallin's comment on the first bite made me laugh out loud!

Brian, Natalie, Kyrie said...

These always make my day!