Monday, October 27, 2014

Jack O'Lanterns

Monday, October 27, 2014
Family Home Evening

October is a fun month for Family Home Evenings because there are so many fun activities instead of "lessons."  ;)  Carving pumpkins doesn't always make it onto the agenda but this year we squeezed it in and we got 8 pumpkins done in record time, to boot!


Daphne loves to scoop out the guts.  Sydney wouldn't touch hers, and most of the rest of us just suck it up and get it over with.  Dallin's strategy was choosing a tiny pumpkin.  This year we tried   wearing gloves and I think it helped it go faster.  At least, I was a lot faster when I wasn't feeling so grossed out by the pumpkin guts.


Dallin and his tiny pumpkin


All the boys wanted psycho knife pictures taken.



Hayden carved this guy all by himself.

This one is my pumpkin--I loved how tall and skinny it was!  And it didn't really have very many seeds and pulp to scoop out, although Daphne had her arm in there up to her armpit trying to get it all out.

Sydney designed her own Jack O'Lantern face.  It was kind of hard to carve it exactly how she envisioned it because I couldn't do her beautiful eyelashes or the 20+ razor sharp teeth in her mouth.  (I think in the end, she got just 2 teeth.)




All ready for Halloween!

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Cute! Sean looks down-right terrifying in his psycho picture!