Wednesday, October 01, 2014

September Quotables

Me: Sydney, we need some help!  Come help us pull some weeds!
Sydney: But I don't know how.
Me:  It's fun--I'll show you! (I'm a little ashamed that I told her weeding was fun. What a lie.)
 . . . .
Sydney:  Um, this help is hurting my hands.  I fink I'll just go watch Barbie and the Dreamhouse now.

Sydney:  (about a show Arthur was watching)  Why isn't this movie done?

Hayden's commentary as he was reading Hansel and Gretel to me for his reading log:  "They found a wonderful gingerbread house all covered with candy."  Now THAT would be the BEST!  Except at night chipmunks and stuff would come and eat your house.

Sydney: (when we asked her if she wanted to watch Lego movie) Nah.  That movie is too cheesy for me.

Daphne:  Syd, who do you want to marry when you grow up?
Syd:  Cooper.

Hayden:  Mom, three girls have crushes on me.  (smiling)  Crushes are fun.

Sydney got mad at Hayden when he laughed at something she said.  He said,  "Sydney, I like it when I say something that makes people laugh.  It makes me feel good."
Sydney:  Well I DON'T like when people laugh at me.

Arthur:  Daphne, I was talking with a guy at work today and he said his daughter was the sweetest thing until she started her period.  So I hope you don't turn mean when you start your period.
Daphne:  Well, I probably will.  Because Mom does.
Me:  Wha???
Daphne: You do, you say, "Just go to bed, guys.  Just go to bed."
(That's true--I do say that a lot at the end of the day.  But if that's the criteria for being hormonal and cranky, I may be PMSing pretty much all the time.)

Sydney:  I'm a fun girl.

No comments: