So we had our Young Women in Excellence this week, and the Beehives (the 12-13 year old girls) were in charge of the dinner. So in preparation, the girls came to my house and we made 6 pans of green chile enchiladas. Those poor girls were really crying when we chopped up the onions. We kept a box of kleenex on the table just to save time.






When I went back to the dressing room to change, I realized I had forgotten something VERY IMPORTANT! I did not have my slip! Now, a lot of wedding dresses are poofy and have lots of layers under them and don't really require a slip. Mine is not poofy, and with those lights shining on me I was worried people could see right through my dress! I asked all the prom dress girls and anyone who wore a dress that night if they had a slip I could borrow, but none of them did! Well, I was the last dress of the whole fashion show, so I put on a smile, went out and walked (kind of quickly and self-consciously) down the cat-walk and I don't think it was too bad, but maybe people were just being nice.
Chicken choppers:
I just love all these girls!
So the enchiladas were made, each girl took a pan home to cook and bring the night of, but due to some being unable to attend and one gal whose oven is broken I kept one to cook too. I spent Thursday morning baking 60 corn muffins, and two "tres leches cake," then I taught piano lessons until 5:30, changed my clothes in 5 minutes, loaded the car with Arthur's help, and realized, I had FORGOTTEN to put my pan of enchiladas in the oven!
So I got to the church with my cold enchiladas, and realized I'd also forgotten the huge container of Lemonade mix, and the chopped cucumbers for the salad!
I was so annoyed at myself.
Luckily, by the time the fifth pan of enchiladas was running out, my 6th pan had been sufficiently warmed, and Sister Miller and I got to dish ourselves some from the pan fresh out of the oven. I guess nobody missed the cucumbers and lemonade since they didn't know we were supposed to have them anyway. But I'm pretty sure my Beehives must think I am out to lunch.
The next night, a young woman in our ward was putting on a "Modest is Hottest" fashion show for one of her Personal Progress projects. She had asked me to model my wedding dress. I told her I would, assuming I could get it to zip up. To my happy surprise, 10 years later I still fit into it!
Here's Daphne and her friend Kirra sitting on the front row, waiting for the fashion show to start.
I had nightmares that night that the whole ward could see right through my dress, and how could I ever go to church again!!!???
3 comments:
I just have to say WELL DONE for fitting into your wedding dress still! I think my hips have widen a bit from child bearing, so it's a more "snug" fit than before. Yours still looks AwEsOmE!!!
Sharee--you are amazing and not just for fitting (with room to spare, I was checking and it was not even snug) into your wedding dress. The girls loved making the dinner and everything was fantastic.
P.S. Had no idea you weren't wearing a slip
Sharee! You looked gorgeous then and you look even more gorgeous today. I think its so awesome that your mom made that dress for you. Your family kicks booty. Love the Stones and the Garietys!
Post a Comment