Today was the first time I went out in public with all five kiddos all by myself. (Without Arthur, that is.) It's a landmark for me. I am always a little scared of that first time when I take them all somewhere by myself--even when it was just Dallin, & Daphne was the baby. I was meeting friends, so that is always reassuring, but still, I feel like I accomplished something big.
We went to see the last free movie of the summer, "The Tale of Despereax." It started at 10 and we got there a few minutes after 10. Dallin told me he was not surprised in the least that we got there late. I swear it's like trying to speed the rotation of the earth getting these kids to move!!!
Anyway, cute movie, and for the most part the kids were pretty good. And it's hard to beat a free movie! Afterward, I decided to take the kids to lunch. We went to California Pizza Kitchen because they were donating proceeds of today's sales to MTS (Musical Theater Southwest--the theater company I did Secret Garden with.) MTS recently suffered a devastating setback when their warehouse/rehearsal space burned to the ground. They lost EVERYTHING--thousands & thousands of costumes and all their archives of video and pictures from every show they've ever produced. So I figured, as long as we were out, and the kids were being relatively well behaved, may as well help a good cause.
My friend Amber and her kids came with us which made it much more fun, and Amber saved Hayden from walking out into the crowded parking lot a couple of times, so I was glad we were there together. It ended up being so crowded, that we just ordered it takeout and brought the pizza home to eat. Free movie, Delicious pizza, a good cause, and fun friends to share it with. :)
All in all, not bad for my first time out with the five little Garietys. And now I'm all tuckered out--any chance these kids will let me take a nap???? not likely.

4 comments:
Way to go Sharee! You rock :)
You truly are incredible. And it wasn't even something you HAD to do. You chose to take those lucky kids to do something fun FOR THEM! WOW! You really are amazing!
Good for you, Sharee!!! You did it!
It was a fun adventure and we only got ONE "you two surely have your hands full" comment - but I stopped counting the "looks" we got!
Post a Comment