Friday, August 20, 2010

Hayden has a horrible habit of getting out of his chair and wandering around at mealtimes.  We call him back to the table constantly through the course of the meal and encourage him to take bites of his dinner.  So recently when he gets out of his chair at a meal, he has to sit on the dryer.  One night he got down from the table prematurely, and Arthur was about to put him on the dryer when he said,
"But I just like to give you kisses, Dad." 
 And that's how a little quick thinking can get a 2-year-old out of a time-out.  Here are some other funny things I've heard him say or sing lately:

Calishmornia
He's my sister! and
Wedgie Tales Wedgie Tales!


Sean (about Sydney):  I just love her so much Mom. 
(he tells me this almost every day--it's so endearing.)

Sean to his friend Kade:  I just really love her.  Do YOU love her?


Dallin:  Well Mom, your two helpers are going to school today, and you only have one left.
The swing.

Yesterday, I overheard this make-believe game that I'm pretty sure was inspired by Sydney.

Daphne:  And then, let's pretend that she throws up all over you.
Sean:  No, it doesn't get on me.
Daphne:  Yes it does, it gets ALL OVER you.
Sean:  No, Daphne!  I'm not gonna play if it gets all over me.

I guess none of us are too keen on getting spit-up on.  Even in pretending.


7 comments:

McEntire Family said...

Totally loved Sean NOT wanting spit up all over him! He's a smart guy!

elise said...

too cute! those are some SMART cookies!
i was so sick of time-outs during dinner, that we recently made a deal with our 3-yr old. if she could sit through dinner in her chair without getting up all week she could go to a restaraunt for dinner after... (with numerous daily reminders) it worked!

Rachelle said...

The swing - I love it! It's so true, though, isn't it???

Reed Family said...

Your kids are so witty! They crack me up. Hope things have gone ok for you since your 2 "human helpers" have gone back to school! Love you!

Meri said...

Oh, these are certifiably good ones. This will make you laugh so hard in a few years.

The Aussie and the Owl said...

Ew I wouldn't have played either if it would have gotten all over me! Adorable kids, I don't know how any of them ever make it to the dryer ;)

Eric and Jewels said...

I love it when you post your kids quotables!! They always make me laugh so thanks for sharing!! Love you all and miss you tons!