Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sweet and Sticky

Sweet:
Sometimes Sydney has syrup in her hair because she has sticky brothers who love to give her kisses, and can't bother with waiting until I've wiped their faces.


Sticky:
When we got back in town, our peaches were just about ripe.  As a result, I've spent the last two weeks up to my neck in peaches.  I've bottled them, frozen them, made jam and salsa, eaten them fresh everyday, and given bagfuls away to anyone who'll take them.  It's been a delicious sticky mess around here lately!

5 comments:

alan and bonnie said...

Wow, I am so impressed on everything you are able to get done!!! The thought of fresh peaches makes my mouth water..

Rachelle said...

Yum, yum, yum!! We just demolished several pounds of peaches that our neighbor brought over. Delish!! And now you'll get to enjoy your peaches all year long.

The Aussie and the Owl said...

Great job Sharee! I'm so impressed with your canning skills :) Love the pic of Hayden and Sydney - adorable little ones. You are so blessed!

Hey - what did you guys end up doing for your anniversary?

elise said...

LOVE it! we just got through doing the same thing :) peaches are my FAVORITE!!!

Reed Family said...

I'm super jealous! I think peaches just might be my favorite fruit, but have such a hard time finding yummy ones in the stores that I don't get to eat them very often...think of me the next time you eat one and maybe I will be able to enjoy it vicariously...