Saturday, June 11, 2011

Grammy's 80th Birthday

Monday, May 30, 2011
Grammy's 80th Birthday Celebration
Del Rio Country Club & Grammy's House

Grammy's 80th Birthday Celebration
Grammy and Grandpa arriving at the Country Club.
The great-grandkids greeting their Grammy.
(And I just realized what a GReat example this is of the poetic device alliteration.)
Grandpa, and his sons

Arthur and I got to sit at a table with all children.  I was going to say that was an adventure, but not really since we do that every day.  We just had a few extra little people than normal.  In fact, we were like magnets. Even the ones who were seated at other tables ended up at our table. They all knew that our table was the fun table!  



Grammy loves talent shows.  So of course, for her birthday celebration we had one.  Each family had offerings for the talent show.  Here are the married RJ Stone girls who came out for Grammy's Day (Natalie, Julianne and myself) with our husbands singing "Old Fashioned Wedding" from Annie Get Your Gun.  I can't decide if I am sad or happy that it wasn't recorded.  I think it was probably better live, but it's not often that we get the guys to sing with us, so I do wish it had been documented.  :)  Anyway, it was super fun for us to do this, and my kids (including the boys) still go around the house singing, "I wanna wedding in a big church with bridesmaids and flower girls! . . ."   

The RJS Men singing "Let the Lower Lights be Burning."  
They sound GREAT together.

And here is a video of the Great-Grandchildren singing to Grammy.






The RJS family's present to Grammy was a scrapbook entitled, "Patricia--Glimpses of Grammy from A to Z."  Mom and Dad provided the album for all the layouts and Natalie, Jenny, Julianne and I all split up the alphabet and did layouts for each of the letters of the alphabet.  Each layout takes anywhere from 2-4 hours, (depending on volume of creative juices -- the lower the volume, the longer it takes.)  And Julianne did all of her layouts with a gimpy hand!  (She had several stitches in her left hand due to an incident with a Cutco knife.)  Anyway, it was a labor of love, and we hope she will enjoy looking back and remembering glimpses of her life for many more years to come!

Looking through the scrapbook
Happy Birthday, Grammy!  You are still beautiful as ever.

1 comment:

Reed Family said...

Gosh darn it. I'm so sad I wasn't there! I REALLY wish you had a recording of you guys singing "old fashion wedding". We loved listening to your kids and Kyrie singing to Grammy...Jemma asked, "Where am I?"...not there. It looks like you had a wonderful time, and I'm pretty sure you were totally at the fun table. I would have snuck over to with you guys too!