Monday, June 06, 2011

May Quotes

Little Red Hen (aka Me):  Hey boys, do you want to help me make some bread?
Sean & Hayden almost simultaneously:  "No." "Uh . . . no."

Daphne was the MC at a puppet show she and the boys put on and said, 
"And now for the introdooktion of Sean and Hayden!"

Sean:  I loved my birthday.
Me: (pleasantly surprised that he would remember his birthday since it was back in September)  Oh, good!  Did you have so much fun?
Sean:  Well, no.  I just liked getting so many presents.  That was awesome.
(and that's why we don't do parties very often.  I don't want my kids to be greedy little birthday brats.)

Last night while driving home from Pack Meeting, Sean stuck his "wand" (yes, my children all have wands that they've made, and carry around with them in case they need to stupify someone,) into a hole in the car where the seat belt is stored.  Tragically, it fell all the way in and all hope of restoring it was lost.  Until Daphne said, "I know!  Let's turn the car upside down!"  Hayden thought about that for awhile, and in the meantime the conversation turned to other things.  Then about five minutes later, horrified at his conclusion, Hayden tearfully exclaimed, "But the car is too big!"  This morning, after giving it some more thought, he decided that if we had a giant to help us, we could probably turn the car upside down.

At Pack Meeting--
Cubmaster (who happens to be Arthur) : Okay, now it's time for AWARDS!  
Hayden:  A War?!?  Awthome!

Dallin recently did a big report on Utah for his gifted class, which included among other things, reports on 3 famous people.  
Dallin chose Brigham Young, Butch Cassidy, and Jimmer, of course! -- technically not from Utah, but played for BYU, so Utah can partially claim him!
Here is a close-up of his state project.  
As a result of all his Utah research, he claimed the following title in this phone conversation:


Dallin: Hi-- is Cole there? 
Cole's Mom: Sure, let me get him.
Cole: Hello?
Dallin: Hi Cole.
Cole: Who is this?
(say this in a Mr. Jack-the-Canadian-Border-Patrol-Voice): Well, this is . . . shall I say, "the UTAH EXPERT."  

As we were loading the kids back into their car seats after the 3rd store we'd been to:
Me : Boy, all these errands are for the birds, huh guys?
Hayden:  Well, we are not birdth.  We are perthonth. (persons)

Waving good-bye to Natalie & Brian as they left Nona's house, Hayden said, 
"You're gonna mith uth!"

Sean:  Mom!  I want to go swimming!  I haven't been swimming in an AWESOMELY LONG TIME!

Last night Daphne explained to Aunt Julianne, "My mom made these brownies for a reason, not just for fun.  She made them for dessert!" 

Dallin:  I hate it when people explode for no reason. 
(??? I think this must have been in reference to a computer game, but out of context it made me laugh.)

2 comments:

Eric and Jewels said...

Eric and I love your kid's quotes!! They're so much fun to read. Just remember that the offer for you and the kids to come swimming still stands :) I'm sure Sean would be ever so grateful since he hasn't gone swimming in an 'awesomely long time' :)

Reed Family said...

Love, love, love it. Your kiddos. It's official. We're coming. I told the kids and they have asked a hundred times or more ALREADY if we're going to your house now. Can't wait. It's gonna be so fun. :)