Saturday, June 11, 2011

Lavender Hollow Farm

Saturday, May 28, 2011
Lavender Hollow Farm
Escalon, CA

Saturday afternoon, Mom took Natalie, Julianne and I to pick up Grammy for a birthday outing to Lavender Hollow Farm.  Grammy thought it was just going to be her and Mom, so she was really surprised to see the rest of us on her doorstep.  We browsed around their cute gift shop, and got a few fragrant souvenirs.  Then we headed outside to walk around the lavender farm.  



These are the box dinners Mom treated us to.  Aren't they cute?
I didn't know this, but apparently, lavender is edible.  We had lavender-chicken salad on cresents, strawberries with lavender fruit dip, lavender seasoned almonds and cheese, and lavender lemon bars for dessert.  I was surprised at how delicious it was.  

Smelling the lavender

taking pictures of people taking pictures


Grammy lent me her jacket since it was much cooler than I thought it would be out there in CA.  
This time of year is usually pretty warm.







What a beautiful way to spend an afternoon.  Thanks to the husbands who held down the fort while we got to have some girl time.  (Don't worry--they had PLENTY of golf later to keep everything even.)

1 comment:

Reed Family said...

How fun! That looks like such a perfect and quaint girls outing. Was it not a surprise for you girls to be there? Pretty sure Mom said that Grammy was only expecting her. Sad I missed it, but glad you got to be there.