Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

I was looking for a picture of my Dad to post for Father's Day, and I found this picture of my two favorite Dads of all time:
My Dad with my youngest brother, Nathan, and Arthur with our oldest son, Dallin. 
I am so grateful for Arthur, the father of my children, and my own father.  They are both great examples of men who honor their priesthood and who tirelessly serve their family.  Both of them are heroes in my book!  Happy Father's Day!


Daphne made this crown for Arthur to wear during his amazing Father's Day breakfast of homemade waffles, berries and cream.  I told him he should wear it to church.  
I think it would really compliment his tie:
I thought these ties were the cutest idea.  Our primary got these old white ties from the temple.  The primary children each helped decorate one for their dad.  For families with kids in both Jr. and Sr. primary, the Junior kids worked on it in their sharing time, and then it was saved for the older kids to finish up, so each child (except Sydney, of course)  helped to decorate that tie for Arthur.  When Arthur opened his tie, Sean was pretty disappointed that unbeknownst to him, Dallin and Daphne had added feathers. He didn't want any feathers on that tie.  (Evidently, he and Hayden had a circle theme going on with lots of shiny circles and pom-poms and googley eyes.)  
It was so fun to see all the Dads in church with their special father's day ties.  

3 comments:

The Diaries of a Wimpy Mom said...

I love that idea! Cute tie!

The Aussie and the Owl said...

Love that picture of Arthur and your dad. They are extra special dads! And that crown and tie are fantastic! Just love the idea :)

Reed Family said...

That is AWESOME! What a fabulous idea and for ALL the dads in the ward to have them on was probably really cool to see.