
In May, our ward primary had a temple activity where we went to our Albuquerque Temple for a tour of the temple grounds. Since Arthur was working on repairing something, I had all the kids with me. I had been hoping Hayden could have stayed home with Dad, so I could really focus on helping Sean focus and be attentive.
Instead I spent a lot of the tour just trying to keep Sean and Hayden to stay with the group. One would wander off, and the other would follow, so I felt like I just kept chasing them and hauling them back to the group, trying to get them interested in ANYTHING nearby. (Look Sean, can you find a star on the temple? Hayden see these flowers? They are yellow!)
Sometimes I wonder how much of my effort is worth it . . . maybe I should have just dropped Dallin & Daphne off to take the tour and kept Sean and Hayden home. It certainly would have been a more reverent atmosphere for the poor primary kids who went on the tour in the same group as us. Anyway, Dallin & Daphne learned some cool stuff, and if nothing else, now whenever we drive past the temple, Hayden says, "Mom! The TEMPLE!"
Much to the children's disappointment, the fountain was off that day, I'm guessing due to the wind, but something cool that I learned is that every temple has a water feature. The fountains at the temples are symbolic of Christ, who is the Living Water.
I love the temple, and the peaceful feelings I have there that make me feel a bit closer to Heaven . . . even when I'm chasing around a couple of crazy little guys.
2 comments:
What a great activity!! I never knew that about the temple water features - too cool. Your efforts are worth it Sharee, now little Hayden knows the temple :)
Cool - I didn't know that about the water either. And Ella walked behind me and started singing "I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" when she saw the first pic. I love that we have a temple here and that the little sunbeams know what it means!
Post a Comment