Friday, May 28, 2010

School's Out!!!

The last couple weeks of school were almost more than I could handle. And I only have 2 in school!!!   I felt like I had something going on almost every single day, from performances to picnics to fieldtrips, that by the time it was over, I was breathing a huge sigh of relief.

Here are the kids getting on the bus for the last time this school year, and although we have a crazy June ahead of us, I am so glad to have them home for a break from school!


These are pictures from Dallin's class picnic.  His teacher did a great job with this--she had a friend of hers (a former Olympic Gymnast) come to the park and juggle and do some amazing tricks for the kids.  Then he taught anyone who wanted to learn how to juggle.  She also had pinatas for her class--one for the girls and one for the boys.




The girls lucked out--theirs wasn't hanging over the sand.




Dallin & his teacher, Mrs. Grindstaff
It was funny when Arthur met her, he commented to me afterward that with a name like Mrs. Grindstaff he was expecting someone who looked more elderly with orthopedic shoes and big glasses.  But Dallin made sure I knew (several times through-out the year) that his teacher, Mrs. Grindstaff, is younger than me, but that I am still shorter than her.  Thanks, for that Dallin.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay for the start of SUMMER! That is hillarious that the boys had their pinyata over the sand! What a pain! Looks like lots of fun though. Did Dallin learn to juggle? (His Uncle Brandon could help him learn too! :)

The Aussie and the Owl said...

I always was super excited when school ended but always just as excited to go back in the fall! Hope you guys have a fun summer :)