Saturday, May 22, 2010

Space Jam

Daphne's Space Jam Performance:

I'd originally planned to take the boys to watch her performance, but that morning I was thinking that if I actually wanted to see any of it, I should not take them. So my friend Amber kept them for me so I could go see the performance. (Thanks, Amber!)



I ended up sitting next to some friends who brought their son (same age as Sean) who sat there good as gold on his dad's lap through the entire 50 minute performance. And I thought: I am SOOO GLAD I didn't try to bring my guys. It would have been really embarrassing.


So Daphne's 1st grade class teamed up with a neighboring 2nd grade class, and learned 15 songs in preparation for their presentation of Space Jam! I couldn't believe how much music those kids learned! She was so excited to perform it and came home singing the songs every day. Here is the song that she had a special part in. (She is Mercury, #1)

My favorite thing about this recording is that if you listen closely, you can hear Daphne totally nailing those high notes. When the melody gets really high, most of the kids stay down in a comfortable range and say the words kind-of monotone. But Daphne sails right up there and gets those high notes. Go Daphne! (just FYI: this song is 4 minutes long. But Daphne's part is right at the beginning, so if you get bored, you can turn it off. Or if you want to learn about the planets, this is a good way to get a 4 minute overview of our Solar system. :)


2 comments:

Eric and Jewels said...

Please tell Daphne I thought she did a great job!! By-the-way how are you feeling? Isn't your due date any day now? Well I love you and all of your little ones!!

The Aussie and the Owl said...

Go Daphne! What an awesome performance!! Uncle Mikey and I are so proud of you :)