So since we've been without a working camera for awhile, I've actually been learning some good lessons about being a part of the moment, and better enjoying the memories with my kids instead of always trying to "capture" the moments.
The other day my kids all went outside and played in the leaves. Of course my first thought was, "Dang it, I don't even have a camera to take pictures with!" But then I thought, "Go out and play with them. The memory of playing together will be more meaningful than me always standing by and taking pictures." So I got out the leaf-blower, and helped them make a giant pile to jump into off the trampoline. And I'm glad I took time to do that.
When we finally get another camera, I'm going to try to be mindful about being a part of the memories, rather than on the sidelines behind the viewfinder.
No comments:
Post a Comment