Monday, November 22, 2010

Jipped

I bought some chocolate chip cookies the other day at Smith's.  They were an impulse buy.  Sitting there in their little plastic cartons, fresh from the bakery and only $1.  I couldn't wait to get home and munch on some after lunch. As soon as we ate our lunch, I dug into those cookies.  I bit into one, and began savoring the goodness, when to my utter disappointment, I discovered there were no chocolate chips.  They were RAISINS!  Seriously, I think raisins in cookies are the worst idea.  They totally ruin a perfectly good cookie.  Now, admittedly, I sometimes enjoy a good Oatmeal Raisin cookie, but only if I know what I'm biting into beforehand.  And I would never buy them on purpose.  I think they should put a big neon sticker on cookies with raisins that says: "Beware of RAISINS!"

6 comments:

Erin said...

raisins are a dirty trick!

Sarah said...

Amen, sista! Nothing like a plump raisin to ruin a perfectly good cookie!

The Aussie and the Owl said...

I always felt so betrayed in grade school when the teacher would tell us she had a "treat" for us and then handed out boxes of raisins. They are no treat, they are the go sit-in-time-out of dried fruit.

elise said...

i feel your pain!!! though if you're ever in the mood for something interesting you might want to try a chocolate chip-raisin cookie (same choc chips as usual, plus some raisins for a nice extra sweetness), kind of the chocolate-covered raisin idea :)

Scott and Amme said...

I completely agree! Raisins are disgusting and whoever thought them up should have been shot on the spot!

Reed Family said...

Hillarious! Sorry you ended up with raisins instead of chocolate chips. That's lame!!!