Sydney is just over four months now, and at her last Dr. visit weighed in at 13 lbs 5 oz, and is 24 inches long. She is a champ at rolling onto her tummy, but doesn't really like it once she gets there. She complains until someone rescues her by rolling her onto her back, at which point she promptly rolls back onto her tummy.
Her most recent accomplishment is that she has discovered how to laugh. You will find us doing all kinds of crazy things to get her to giggle, but it's completely unpredictable, so even if I had a camera, I'm sure we wouldn't have any footage of it. Daphne was singing her a school yard rhyme the other day that Sydney thought was hilarious. But when she tried it the next day, it didn't make the cut.
She also loves lullabies. Now I've had some kids start crying when I sing to them, but Sydney LOVES it. Her breathing slows and she looks directly into my eyes and really calms down. Her favorite is a celtic lullaby called Baloo Balerie. It's especially cute when Hayden sings it to her. (I have a video of it if I can retrieve it from my broken camera!!)
Sydney had a blocked tear duct for the first four months of her life, but I'm happy to report that it has cleared and she finally looks healthy! Also, (and I'm reluctant to put in writing because I'll probably jinx myself, but. . .) she is sleeping through the night fairly reliably. I cannot begin to tell you what a difference it makes in my outlook on life to be getting better sleep these days. I feel so much happier!!!!
Since I've started blogging I've tried to do a little slideshow for my kids when they are born. But I missed out on Sydney's slideshow, so here it is. (Better late than never.) Most of the pictures are from her 2 month "photo shoot" with Erin. She is wearing the dress she was blessed in which is the same dress all of my sisters were blessed in. We just love this little girl!
8 comments:
So Sweet!
Love it!
Lyla also has a blocked tear duct. I'm hoping it will clear up soon. I'm sick of a goopy eye.
She is such a sweet baby. I am glad she is feeling better.
What a fabulous slide show! Can't wait to meet her in person. Only a few more weeks :) and word on the street is uncle Matthew will be coming with us! Sydney is a beautiful child and you look so angelic in all the pictures too Sharee.
Sydney is such a lucky, and yes, lovely little girl. Erin did a wonderful job on those pictures. You both look BEAUTIFUL! And your slideshow made me teary...ok, so I cried.
I second Jenny's comment! You two are lovely! seriously Erin did an awesome job! Oh and I too got a little teary eyed! LOVE YOU!!!
Mel
she is precious. and she has a great mother.
Gorgeous!
Post a Comment