Friday, April 01, 2011

reality check

The party had to end sometime.

We said good-bye to Emma a few days after Spring Break ended.  We are so thankful she could come help us out during this really busy time in our lives (Arthur's Quadrathalon, and From Cumorah's Hill, plus all the regular craziness . . .)  She was such a huge help to me, and it was such fun to have three Stone sisters in the same town for awhile!


I cried on the way home from dropping her off at the airport.
The next morning was time for a reality check.  
When it was time to take the kids to school, I told everyone to get in the car, and Hayden said, "I'll just stay here."  
I said, "Sorry, you can't just stay here because Aunt Emma is gone, and you're too little to stay by yourself."  
He said, "It's okay, Mom.  Backyardigans will be my babysitter."
ha!

Well, it took me awhile to convince him that Backyardigans couldn't babysit him, and it was back to loading everyone in the car everywhere I go.  No more running to the store really quick to pick up a missing ingredient, or dropping kids off at lessons really quick, or having Emma to help take the kids to their activities.  It's all me now.  And besides being a second Mom, she was so much fun to have around to chat with all the time, and exercise with and quote movies with. 

boo-hoo.

Emma, Thanks for living with us and being our "manny"!  
We love you and miss you!
(And Mom & Dad, thanks for parting with her for all those weeks--we appreciate your sacrifice!)

2 comments:

The Aussie and the Owl said...

What a blessing it is to have wonderful family! We are so happy that you got to have two sisters with you for a while - you girls are like PB &J :)

Brian, Natalie, Kyrie said...

I want Emma to be my "Manny"!!