Monday, April 25, 2011

He is Risen!

 "He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. 
Come, see the place where the Lord lay."
Matthew 28:6 


Those beautiful words, "He is Risen!" are the words that angels spoke to the women who came to the empty tomb on the third day.  Yesterday, I had the privilege of directing a Stake Choir in singing the hymn, "He is Risen" at a special Stake meeting which was attended by Elder Quentin L. Cook, (a member of the 12 apostles, and a special witness of the Living Savior, Jesus Christ.)  In our prayer meeting prior to the meeting, I discussed with the choir what a special opportunity we had to proclaim the same words as did the angels on that first Easter Morning.  We would be able to bear a collective testimony that He Lives, that He is Risen!  As we sang, there was a very powerful spirit that accompanied and confirmed the testimonies of that body of saints.  I will always treasure that experience.

Though I haven't felt the nail prints in His hands and feet, I know as surely as any of those who did, that He Lives!  I have felt the Holy Ghost bear witness to me as I've pondered the accounts in the scriptures, that He suffered in Gethsemane and on Calvary for me, that He voluntarily laid down His life, and that He indeed rose on that beautiful Sabbath Morning.  He Lives!  He is Risen!  It's real!  It is the glorious good news of the gospel, and "adds meaning to our doctrine, motivation to our behavior, and hope for our future." (Dallin H. Oaks, "Resurrection," April 2000 General Conference Address, italics added).


"Oh sweet the joy this sentence gives, 'I know that my Redeemer Lives!'"

Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Reed Family said...

Thank you for sharing. And what an awesome experience!

Rachelle said...

Happy Easter (and happy birthday!) to you too, Sharee. I love hearing your testimony every time you share it!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for asking me to sing. I feel like I have received enormous blessings in just the few days that have past. The spirit that was present during our song and the entire meeting was something I'll never forget. I had no plans to attend until you asked me to sing. I have you to thank for such an amazing experience! I'll treasure it always!

Love, Pam